Saturday, February 28, 2009

the last 2 weeks.

Well, again, sorry it has been a while. Nothing huge has happened still, but I am still really enjoying myself.

Last weekend Mom and Dad came from Thursday to Monday. We really had a ton of fun. I gave them the whole tour of Monterrey, and we jam-packed pretty much everything I have done in a month and a half into 3 days. So in other words, we had a great time and were completely exhausted. When they got here on Thursday, I was able to get a ride to the airport to pick them up, so that was really great. When we got back to our house, I gave them the tour, and then we went to get tacos with my room mates. Friday, the weather was quite disappointing; rainy and cloudy. We stuck around the house; went to Starbucks, walked to campus, gave them the tour, went to get tea, dinner, etc. Saturday was our big day. We did almost everything I have done since I have been here in this day. We went to the history museum, walked along our man-made river, went to el centro and the macroplaza, where they have all the statues and fountains, and then later at night we went to the mirador, which is a big hill with the mexican flag on it, and you can see the whole city. It is really beautiful. Later we went to Chili's for a drink and appetizers, and then went back to the hotel. It was a really good day. Sunday we decided to go to a natural park to do some hiking. This park, Chipinque, was also a first for me, so it was really fun. It was also a really good place to see the whole city. So needless to say, after this weekend everyone was exhausted, but Mom and Dad didn't want to leave. I also had a really good time, and it was really weird saying goodbye, knowing I won't see them for 3 more months.

Since then, nothing too exciting has been happening. I have had a lot of homework this week. Wednesday we went to a bar to see my roomie's boyfriend and their band play. It was really fun, and they were really good. Last night (Friday) we didn't do anything. 2 of my room mates and I just stayed in and hung out and stayed in. It was fun, but we went to bed early.

Today will be my day of homework. I doubt I will get as much done as I plan on. The weather is probably really nice again (yesterday was 100 F), so I will probably make better plans. :) Oh well, I'm in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment