Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Classes..

So, my first two days of classes are done..FINALLY! They aren't as hard as I thought they would be, but at the same time, they are overwhelming. On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I have History of Latin American Art, so this was my frist class in Monterrey. When I arrived to class, I was the only American/International student in the class. It was really intimidating! But, it seems like it will be a good class.

Tuesdays and Thursdays I have Social and Cultural History of Latinamerica, Latinamerican Literature, and Spanish Grammer...so in other words, Tuesday (today) and Thursday are my eventful days..but today was more eventful than I hope most will be: first of all, I had to wake up at 7:00. That is enough to ruin anyone's day. So, my first class went well, it is with a really young teacher who seems to be pretty cool, and I have it with quite a few friends. I then had a break, and I passed the hour and a half on campus with some friends. At my next class, Latin American Literature, I went to the room assigned on my schedule, sat through the 1.5 hour class, and then realized that the syllabus the professor gave us said Mexican Literature. So, after class (and after listening to 1.5 hours of lecture in Spanish AND taking 3 pages of notes) I went to ask him about it. He told me, "no, you aren't supposed to be here. This class is completely different than what you have on your schedule." So I had to go to a certain building and a certain room to figure things out, which I eventually did. I emailed my professor, and hopefully he will let me join the class on Thursday without an absence.

After classes were done I was exhausted, but met up with my room mate to go find the post office, which we found 25 minutes too late, and then trekked the 30 minutes back home, where I stuffed my face with delicious food, and took another warmish shower, and laid in bed. :D Now I am here at Starbucks, again, catching up on emails and facebook and whatnot.

Other than these daily normal happenings, nothing is new. I have realized that I have now been here for exactly a week, which is really weird. It is definitely not a vacation anymore. And, I already want it to be the weekend....this week is just CRAWLING by.

No comments:

Post a Comment