Monday, January 19, 2009

La Pimpinela Escarlata

So this Saturday, my room mates and I went to go see the school's production of The Scarlett Pimpernel, in Spanish of course. We got in for free because during orientation we received a card that allows us to go to all of the theatre and music productions without paying! Before it started we were kind of nervous as to how much we would understand, but figured either way, the singing would be good and it wouldn't matter. Well, the singing was wonderful, and we understood the whole play, only missing a few small details! I was really surprised, and happy! It was a really a great musical/play, and I thought the parts were well casted, and the singing was great. I think it would be worth it to see it in English.

After the musical we went to a pizza restaurant, and then to a party of a guy we met in a club. It was a pretty boring party, so we only stayed for a couple hours. We didn't know anyone, so only a few guys came over to talk to us. But we got free drinks. :)

Sunday I did homework all day, AGAIN, and then in the evening two of my roommates and I and Silvia went to Tacos Laredo, right down the street. It was delicious.

The weather today is in the upper 70s and low 80s, and if the weather site is correct, it should be like that for the next 10 or so days, at least. That makes me extremely happy, especially when people back home are excited for it to reach the 30s by this Wednesday. Now is when it is the perfect time to be in Mexico, and NOT in Wisconsin. :D

2 comments:

  1. danielley!
    it's great that you started this! it's wonderful that we can keep up with you, and you'll have something to look back on! it sounds like a great experience to far - i can't imagine taking classes in all spanish, so KUDOS!! and the bus incident - i just had to laugh :)

    i can't wait to read more!!!
    --megan

    p.s. send some warm weather this way???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Danielle!

    Como Estas? It is so cool reading about all your experiences in detail! I loved the part about being in the wrong class! I did that in college too, but the difference is that I SHOULD have known since it was in English. Take good care and best wishes.

    Adios!
    Lisa Powers

    ReplyDelete